Thursday, June 25, 2009

I always wanted a pool...it just never dawned on me that it would be located in my son's bedroom

Here we go again!!!

I was sitting in my studio working on some things...just listening to the kids in the next room laught and play. It was so cute. I could have sat there and listened to it all night. I received a text from my friend today asking me how the day had been. I was not 3 seconds after I replied back saying "pretty noneventful" that I decided it was time for the kids to go to bed. I got just outside the studio door and realized that the kids had moved to the living room. I turned the corner and fell into about 27 feet of water. I thought about the surfboards in the next room, but knew I would never make it. I decided it was best to swim straight to the kids. I swam across the raging sea in my living room and made it to the kitchen where the kids were standing by the fridge.

Let me ask you this. Given 5 minutes unsupervised, a 12 oz. cup, and a water spicket....exactly how much water do you think a 3 year old and 2 year old can manage to spread around the house? Whatever your answer, I can testify first hand that you will be grossly underestimating. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE at this point that my 3 year old has some sort of superpower. If I could have him learn to harness his power and use it for good and not evil, then we could cure the world of every calamity.

Anyway, back to the pool in my house. After swimming over to my kids, I turned and looked back to see where the trail of water was leading. It was going straight into Dakota's room. It finally dawned on me that THIS was what all the laughing was about 5 mins earlier. They were SOAKED from head to toe as was the floor I had cleaned with wood floor polish earlier in the day. I grabbed both kids up, and swam off to Dakota's room where I THOUGHT I was going to be dry. I realized what they had been doing.

They had been filling the cup with water in the kitchen...taking it to Dakota's room and pouring it onto HIS play kitchen. His bedroom was a SWIMMING POOL!!! For those of you who know my dad....I will be the first to admit it. The spirit of Larry Millender started rising up within me. I was ready to take both of the kids and bop their heads togther 3 stooges style. I was slinging toy out of my before I knew what I was doing...and before I realized that all of the toys where filled with water as well. Before I knew it, there was water splashed on every wall. I ended up having to put arm floaties on the kids and I tied a rope to them to keep them from floating off in the current. If you think I am exaggerating about how much water was on the floor, just imagine this...I just did laundry today and it took nearly every clean towel we had to mop of the water.

At first I was mad...but now I realize how much we are going to enjoy the new swimming pool in Dakota's room. But I am going to make him keep it clean since this was HIS idea.

1 comment:

  1. We will be over tomorrow to go swimming in your NEW pool!!! Just make sure that there is no Pee in it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete