Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The good "ol days...

So when I say "good 'ol days". I am not referring to the days of our forefathers. I am talking about the days of "pre-kid" life. I am talking about the things we took for granted before the kids came along. I have given this a lot of thought over the last few days, and I have a list of things from "the good 'ol days".

1. The glorious beauty of being able to go to the bathroom without kids banging on the bathroom door. I mean seriously guys....that is a very private moment. I can't remember the last time I was able go to the bathroom in silence.

2. Being able to eat all the food on my plate. MAN....this one really gets me!! The kids will be eating the exact same thing....but I hear "I want daddy food". The reason I put the amount on my plate that I do...is because I want to eat that much. It's not because I want to SHARE that much.

3. Enjoying a meal. I have developed a new art I like to call Speedeating. The thing is...I have to be done eating my food LONG before the kids are done so I can start running up bath water, preparing the bedtime stuff, getting PJs ready, and washing dishes before the kids finish dinner. I can not remember the last time I didn't have to rush through a meal.

4. Scheduling around what I want to do. We now schedule around naps. "Oh....we can't go here then...because that is during Sydney's naptime". Thank GOD this part is starting to get better....but in the beginning, it was ridiculous.

5. Having clothes without snot on them. This one is fresh in my memory because yesterday as I was hugging Dakota before I left for work, he wiped his nose on my shoulder and said "daddy....I Shnot". haha!! I looked at him and said..."well, you're not 'shnot' anymore!" I kinda miss the days when my shirts didn't have crispy parts to them.

6. Listening to what I want to hear on the radio. Never in my LIFE did I imagine a 3 year old would have such seriously opinionated taste in music. I turn on the radio for no more than 2 seconds and I hear..."daddy..I no like dat song. I wan udder one. i wan anudder song".

7. A droolless floor. Ahhhhh....feeling of walking barefoot across my hardwood floor. Then hitting something warm, and wet....feels kinda nice....but wait a minute....I JUST STEPPED IN A PUDDLE OF DROOL!!! DANG IT!!! I wash my foot, but it feels like it is still on there for days. Same thing happens when I have accidentally gotten poo on my hand or something. I scrub and scrub but it feels like it is still there.

SO....who's reconsidering having kids now??!!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of motherhood!!!hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, dude. Seriously, what you wrote has terrified me. Well to late now. I have one on the way.

    Thanks for tipping me off to your blog. Looks like I have some reading to do.

    Cheers,

    Adam

    ReplyDelete