Monday, March 30, 2009

Nearly butt naked and locked outta the house...

OK...

NOW...this didnt happen today. BUT...I wanted to put it down while the pissedoffedness I mean....memories are still fresh still fresh in my mind.

For those that don't know, my wife did a surrogate pregnancy for some friends of ours (yes...she is indeed superwoman). Anyway, she had twins last November(about 2 months early), and I was at home for about 2 straight weeks with the kids....still trying to work at the church, run my biz, prepare for Christmas, yada yada yada. And all by myself at the time.

ANYWAY....I learned pretty quick that I had to dress one kid, put them in the car, and then dress the other one. Here is how I learned that lesson. I got Dakota dressed one day, and then went to dress Sydney. While I was dressing her, he went and got some baby formula powder, and poured it on the floor. He then poured his water all over it and rubbed it all over himself. I walked out of the room with Sydney fully dressed and quite honestly was rather proud of myself for having both kids ready early. ABOUT THIS TIME....I looked over and saw that pasty mess that was my son. I put Sydney down and grabbed him up, but it was too late...he was a wreck. While i was holding him and trying to figure out what to do, Sydney got into the same mess. I ended up having to clean the entire kitchen and redress both of them.

ANYWAY....that's how I learned that lesson....now back to the nearly naked thing for which I have titled this post. I got Sydney dressed this time, and was getting ready to take her to the car, but the shoes she needed were actually IN the car. SO...I ran out into the garage in nothing but a pair of jeans. No shirt, no shoes, no nothing else. OH....I really shouild mention at this point that this was the coldest day we had in North Florida this winter and it was about 25 degrees outside. ANYHOO....While I was scavenging through Angela's car to try to find the shoes, I looked back and saw Dakota look out of the door. He smiled and was knew his thought. I said "DAKOTA!!! Don't touch the door!". It was too late...the door slammed shut and then I heard the sickening CLICK!!! The little 2 year old punk had DEADBOLTED me out!!! I was FREEZING!!! I beat on the door for a good 5 minutes before he FINALLY came over and opened the door for me. Only later did I remember that I had TWO spare keys outside. A definite homer simpson D'OH moment for me. Anyway....my mom met me at the chruch to watch the kids that day and little Dakota's life was spared. I learned a valuable lesson that day. Everytime I go outside.....TAKE AN EXTRA SET OF KEYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment